Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cityscape










We're back in Houston from the country for a bit. Packing and travelling yesterday is why I didn't post. And today, I've begun a massive organization project of the office and home files, so I never made it outside. Still, at sunset I noticed some unusual patterns in the southwestern sky so I photographed them from our balcony. The tall building is Williams Tower, formerly Transco Tower. The man responsible for building it lives in our building now.

8 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

Very purty!

The Texas Woman

Anonymous said...

Beyond beautiful!

aliceinparis said...

Those are gorgeous skies! What a view you have!!!!!
Cheers,
from grey and icy Nova Scotia, Shelagh

Christina Awesome said...

i saw the same sky! i tried taking a picture from my camera but we know those aren't usually very good. gorgeous view though.

PJHornbergerFolkArtist.com said...

See, we do need spell checker on comments. Everyone knows, except for Cher, that Purdy is spelled with a D....
Enjoyed seeing the tortilla cooker on the roof gone. Keep us up on what they're going to build.
Love the photos of Houston. More please... ~PJ

Anonymous said...

Beautiful skyscape. Thanks for posting them.

Sydney said...

My husband works in that building, and we too see it from our highrise apt (are you in a high rise? It certainly makes for the most wonderful views of storms coming in and sunsets -- your pictures are beautiful of this one.


I am wondering where you are in relation to Hermann Park. I am more on the Glasser/Jung Center side.

Peggy said...

Drop-dead gorgeous pics. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing. Here in West Michigan, I don't think we saw the sun but for a few hours in the whole month of December. This was a great reminder of beauty above all those gray clouds!